Job Description: Bookkeeper
The New Kent Winery at Dombroski Vineyards is a one of a kind Virginia winery located
just a mile and half off Interstate 64 between Richmond and Williamsburg in the gorgeous
Viniterra area of New Kent County, Virginia. New Kent Winery is an elegant winery
offering premium wines and outstanding customer service. New Kent Winery Vineyard
Estate is our Bed & Breakfast and Wedding and Event Center that is located adjacent to the
Winery. We are looking for an energetic professional bookkeeper that shares our passion for
wine, hospitality, and events with excellent service and commitment to accurate financial
reporting. A minimum of three years experience in bookkeeping in the wine or restaurant
hospitality industry would be greatly appreciated.
Bookkeeper for vineyard, tasting room, events, weddings, and bed and breakfast
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations.
- Manage general ledger accounting including A/P, A/R, and inventory,
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Generate reports using QuickBooks and Excel.
- Maintain inventory and cost accounting records.
- Ensure all internal accounting processes are timely and accurately completed.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll for submission to ADP for processing
-Assist with budgeting process.
- Approve and coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and
management information systems.
-Support tax-return preparation. Federal and state tax reports and payments and other tax
returns, including annual 1099 forms.
-Prepare schedules and provide records to auditing firms. Post adjusting entries and closing
books at year-end.
-Maintain required records, reports and files in an organized manner.
-Assist with other special projects as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance is desired.
- QuickBooks Pro certification desired.
- Utilize QuickBooks for Mac 2019
Part-Time Paid Hourly with a negotiable rate based on experience.