Assistant Wedding & Events Coordinator
New Kent Winery at Dombroski Vineyards is seeking an experienced full-time Assistant Wedding and Events Coordinator to direct and execute all aspects of the winery wedding and events strategy. The Coordinator will coordinate weddings, public and private events that promote growth in market share and customer base. The events will include but are not limited to; club pick-up parties, public and private dinners featuring local chefs, cooking classes, special food & wine pairings, and corporate events, along with promoting wine distribution to area restaurants, other special event venues, wine shops, grocery stores, etc. The Assistant Wedding and Event Coordinator will report to the New Kent Winery Executive Assistant and will be responsible for all marketing and sales related to these events, planning, coordination, execution, and resource management. This position will sell, manage and coordinate all these events hosted at The Winery and Vineyard Estate at the New Kent Winery. The position will also be responsible for assisting in obtaining distribution customers for our wines through the VWDC system. This Assistant will participate in staff training to provide our guests with an exceptional experience at New Kent Winery properties that will generate outstanding reviews and brand recognition.
The primary responsibilities of this position are the following:
- Coordinate and assist in executing all weddings for our properties;
- Maintain and update all wedding and event files.
- Work closely with Management Team to ensure excellent customer transition from contract to execution;
- Work side-by-side with caterers and wedding service vendors to execute events per contract;
- Maintain all aspects of weddings including client meetings and relationships, timelines, and layouts;
- Manage and maintain external vendor relationships and communications for winery events;
- Manage and assist in set up, maintain and break down event decorations and space configurations (including furniture);
- Assist in managing the organization and storage areas of all event furniture, decorations, etc.;
- Maintain area cleanliness and present a professional venue for events and sales tours at all times;
- Present a professional demeanor to clients at all times even when under pressure;
- Provide excellent customer service to clients including prompt phone & email responses and meetings;
- Training and assist in the Tasting Room and help support its operation as needed.
The individual must exemplify the following qualifications and skills:
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in marketing, events or a related field;
- BA degree in related field is preferred, but not required;
- Strong background in events and hospitality management including marketing, sales and coordination;
- Excellent verbal/written communication, customer service, and organizational skills are necessary;
- Decisive leader with the ability to quickly resolve issues independently;
- Exemplary customer service standards. Be willing to “go the extra mile” to satisfy our clients;
- Ability to keep calm under pressure;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Self-motivated, highly-organized, positive with a good attention to detail;
- Strong PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Adobe Creative Suite);
- Must be present for all events;
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Salary Information: Commensurate with Experience; Health Insurance Benefits, Paid Time off, Holidays